How to join HKYC?
Are you looking for a great time singing in a choir of vibrancy and innovations? The Hong Kong Youth Choir would like to hear from you. We welcome any one, who is 16-year- old or above, passionate about choral music.
Rehearsals are held usually on every Wednesday evening (except Public Holidays) from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Li Hall, St John’s Cathedral, Garden Road , Central (next to the Court of Final Appeal, behind the Cheung Kong Centre).
• We welcome any one passionate about choral music with basic knowledge in music theory, moderate sight-singing ability to come to auditions. Prior vocal training or experience singing in a choir is not a must.
• Most important of all is your commitment. This means consistently attending rehearsals and practicing a certain amount at home before weekly rehearsal. Listening or singing along to CDs can be very helpful.
• We regularly hold auditions for those who are interested. Applicants will be auditioned by the Music Director.
• Applicants interested in joining the choir will be invited to have an audition.
• On the audition day, you are required first to demonstrate your vocal range and ability. Then you are required to sing a short piece of solo music – The music you choose should be of sufficient artistry and aptitude capable of demonstrating the best quality of your voice and vocal techniques. Lastly, you will be required to demonstrate your sight singing skill by reading and singing a short piece of music given to you on spot. You will be given a few minutes to prepare this sight singing test.
• Audition result will be related to you within a few days.
• The subscription fee for a full member of the choir for each season (April-March) is $500.
• Members also pay for their scores, which will be supplied by the Choir.
• 正式合唱團成員的年費為$500 (每年4月1日起計)。
• If you are interested in joining the choir, you can simply fill in the online application form.
• We endeavor to answer your application by email as soon as we can. But if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please kindly resend your application.
• If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would love to hear from you!